P&G CEO: We want sustainability without tradeoffs

Interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Proctor & Gamble CEO Robert McDonald said only 15% of consumers will accept tradeoffs (i.e. higher prices) for products that are more environmentally sustainable. The other 85% may appreciate sustainability, put won’t pay more for it. That’s why he says P&G is focusing on innovations that add sustainability without higher prices or compromising other features of its products.
As a way, perhaps, of encouraging others to walk the walk as well as talk the talk, P&G is also making its supplier sustainability scorecards generally available. It might also be a strategy of fishing for new suppliers with sustainability innovations — because that’s clearly the way the CEO is thinking.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s